Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes can lead to serious health complications. Therefore is very important to know how to detect type 2 diabetes symptoms. Prediabetes the chance of heart disease how to increase type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Talk to your doctor about preventative measures you can now have the chance of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
The symptoms of type 2 diabetes with high blood sugar may include:
- Increased thirst.
- Increased hunger (especially after eating).
- Dry mouth.
- Frequent urination.
- Unexplained weight loss (even if you eat and hungry).
- Fatigue (weak, tired feeling).
- Blurred vision.
- Loss of consciousness (rare).
Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms of type 2 diabetes, or if you have other questions about Type 2 diabetes. It is important diabetes testing and start a treatment plan early to prevent serious diabetes complications. Type 2 diabetes is not usually diagnosed, have occurred to health complications. In most cases there are no symptoms of diabetes or a very gradual development of the above symptoms of type 2 diabetes. In fact, about one in four people with type 2 diabetes do not know they have it.
Other symptoms of type 2 diabetes may include:
- Slow-healing sores or cuts.
- Itching of the skin (usually around the vaginal or groin area).
- Frequent yeast infections.
- Recent weight gain or unexplained weight loss.
- Velvety dark skin changes of the neck, armpit and groin, called acanthosis nigricans.
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.
- Decreased vision.